This class covered important topics related to Apple ID security and iPhone safety. Specifically, I show how to setup up Account Recovery for your Apple ID, including generating a Recovery Key and adding a Recovery Contact.
In the second part of the class, I talked about setting up Legacy Contacts, and why it’s important to set one up. In addition, the class covered how to export iCloud Passwords in macOS Ventura.
The third part of the class focused on iPhone safety, with a discussion of the Safety Check feature. I show how to review your Sharing and Privacy settings with Safety Check to ensure that their iPhone is secure and their personal information is protected.
Overall, this class was designed to provide practical tips and strategies for recovering your Apple ID if needed, as well as securing and protecting personal information on your Apple devices. My goal was to have you leave with a better understanding of how to safeguard your Apple ID and iPhone, and how to use the latest security features to stay safe and secure online. I hope it was/is helpful!
Chapters and Topics Covered:
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 02:16 – Apple ID and Account Recovery
- 04:15 – Where do you setup Account Recovery?
- 06:30 – Generate a Recovery Key for your Apple ID
- 08:18 – Add a Recovery Contact for your Apple ID
- 13:48 – What is a Legacy Contact and why set one up?
- 17:15 – Where to setup a Legacy Contact for your Apple ID
- 26:07 – Export iCloud Passwords in macOS Ventura
- 27:26 – What is Safety Check on an iPhone?
- 29:39 – Review your Sharing and Privacy Settings with Safety Check
- 44:54 – Questions & Answers
- 48:20 – A peek at my Ecamm Live Setup
- 51:44 – Wrap Up