Watch my Ask Me Anything session where I covered a wide range of topics related to Apple devices. In this informal Q&A, I provided helpful tips, tricks, and advice for getting the most out of your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and more.
We dove into troubleshooting automatic updates on the iPhone, dealing with false virus alerts on the Mac, I explained techniques for searching menus on the Mac, using Disk Utility properly, and speeding up older Macs. We also covered Time Machine backups, what recovered messages are in Mail, how to manage your favorite bookmarks in Safari, and I showed how you’ll take Spatial videos on an iPhone 15. I ended by demoing Assistive Access features for accessibility.
It was an engaging virtual session packed with actionable tips to help improve Apple device skills and get more out of technology.
NOTE: Sorry about the audio distortion throughout the video.
- 00:00:00 – Introduction
- 00:00:19 – Who I Am
- 00:01:08 – Automatic Updates on the iPhone are not working
- 00:05:43 – I keep getting Virus Alerts, but I do not have any viruses.
- 00:10:03 – Upgrade to an M3?
- 00:13:12 – What is my upgrade Schedule for Devices?
- 00:18:52 – What are recovered Messages in Mail on the Mac?
- 00:22:01 – Tip: Search the Menus on a Mac
- 00:23:59 – How to Favorite Bookmarks work in Safari?
- 00:28:42 – Closing Tabs in Safari on the Mac vs iPad
- 00:30:17 – What is the proper technique for using Disk Utility?
- 00:37:40 – Why do my windows move off the screen in macOS Sonoma?
- 00:39:52 – Tip: Use Hot Corners to Show the Desktop
- 00:41:29 – How can I see what files I have in DropBox?
- 00:43:29 – How can I speed up an older Mac?
- 00:45:32 – Time Machine is Full. What can I do?
- 00:51:25 – Tip: Exclude Folders from Time Machine Backups
- 00:52:11 – Is there a Podcast Player for YouTube?
- 00:56:45 – Does the Mac have Put Away?
- 00:59:04 – Why do you use Claude.ai over ChatGPT?
- 01:04:14 – Discussion on Siri
- 01:12:21 – Recording Spatial Videos with an iPhone 15 Demo
- 01:14:32 – Fun: RokBlok Turntable
- 01:20:15 – Assistive Access Demo
- 01:28:23 – Wrap Up