Apple Card

How to Opt Out of the Apple Card’s Arbitration Clause

Apple Card

You may have heard by now that Apple has a new credit card. There is a lot of buzz about it for good reason. Apple is promoting it as simple, transparent, and private. The card also encourages you to pay less interest, has no fees, not even late fees. It looks like its not a bad card overall and could encourage better spending habits.

But it does have one issue, by default you are giving up the right to litigation claims and the right to participate in class action lawsuits.

By accepting this Agreement or using your Account, unless you reject arbitration as provided below, you acknowledge that YOU ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE CLAIMS (AS DEFINED BELOW) AND THE RIGHT TO INITIATE OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. You hereby knowingly and voluntarily WAIVE THE RIGHT TO BE HEARD IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL on all Claims subject to this Agreement. You further acknowledge that you have read this arbitration provision carefully, agree to its terms, and are entering into this Agreement voluntarily and not in reliance on any promises or representations whatsoever except those contained in this Agreement.

The good news is you can opt out of this relatively easy. You do have to do this within 90 days though. So how do you do it? You can use Messages, call 877-255-5923, or write or writing to Lockbox 6112, P.O. Box 7247, Philadelphia, PA 19170-6112.

An easy way to opt out is with Messages. Here’s how step-by-step:

  1. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
  2. View the details of your Apple Card by tapping on it.
  3. In the upper right, tap on the three-dots menu.
  4. From the details screen, you can tap on Message or Call to talk to a customer support representative. I suggest Message—it’s quick and easy.
  5. If you tap on Message, this will open up an iMessage Business Chat with Apple.
  6. Now just inform them that you’d like to opt out of the arbitration clause on your Apple Card. They will then connect you with a Goldman Sachs rep, who can quickly take care of that for you.

Hope that helps!

Related Articles

Skip to content