I’m happy to announce I’ve added captions and transcriptions to my lessons on Working with the Finder the Mac. These lessons are part of my Tutor for Mac and they include tips on how to get around the Mac with the Finder. This includes tips for managing multiple windows, setting what a new Finder window opens to, and how to preview a file without opening in through a Finder window. I also show you the different views you have to view your documents and files, as well as how you can group them by file type or date. I then look at actions and tasks and opening Finder windows as tabs. I wrap it up with lessons on customizing the sidebar of a window and customizing the toolbar of a window. And now, they all include captions and transcriptions.
Lessons to help you understand the Finder on your Mac include:
- How to manage multiple Finder Windows.
- Setting what a new Finder Window opens to.
- Learning about Finder Window views.
- Previewing Finder window documents without opening them.
- Learning how to arrange and group files and folders.
- Performing Actions and Tasks from within a Finder window.
- Opening Finder windows as tabs.
- Learning how to customize the Sidebar in a Finder window.
- Learning how to customize the Toolbar in a Finder window.
So how do the captions work? While watching the video, you just click or tap on the CC in the playbar of the video.From there you can choose to show captions. The captions are in available only in English.
What about the transcriptions? The transcription makes it easy to see, or read, what the video is about. It also makes the search on my site more robust. Now when you search for a term, any lesson with that term or terms in the transcript, will show up in your results. So if I mention it in the video, you’ll be able to search for it. I have most of the transcript hidden by default, you’ll see about 3 lines of the transcript below the video description. Click on ‘Show all the Transcript’ to view the entire transcript.
I am adding more captions and transcriptions on a regular basis. I’ll keep you posted. I hope you find them helpful!