Black Friday is fast approaching and before we know the biggest shopping event of the season will be upon us! In 2022 Black Friday starts on November 25. If you are looking for a great deal on a new Mac you have come to the right place. We’ve checked all the best resellers in the U.S. and the U.K. and have tracked down the best deals you can get right now. We are here to help you save money on a new Mac this Black Friday.
We’ll start by sharing the best deals we’ve found so far, including some on the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, which we deal with elsewhere, see: Best Black Friday MacBook Deals.
Below that section, you will find deals for each desktop Mac, so if it’s an iMac you are after you can jump to that section, or if you’re looking for a Mac mini you’ll find specific deals in the section below that. We also have some shopping tips that should help you get the best deals available this Black Friday.
Best Black Friday Mac deals so far
These are the biggest savings we’ve seen so far on the iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro:
- Amazon: 14-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro (8-core CPU, 14-core GPU, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD): $1,599 ($400 off)
- Amazon: 14-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro (10-core CPU, 16-core GPU, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD): $1,999 ($499.01 off)
- Amazon: 16-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro (10‑core CPU, 16‑core GPU, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD): $2,179.83 ($319.17 off)
- B&H: 16-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro (10-core CPU, 16-core GPU, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD): $2,199 ($300 off)
- B&H: 16-inch M1 Max MacBook Pro (10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD): $3,099 ($400 off)
- Amazon: M2 MacBook Air 512GB: $1,349 ($150 off)
- eBuyer, M2 13in MacBook Pro, 256GB: £1,192.98 (£156.02 off)
- Laptops Direct, M2 MacBook Air, 256GB: £1,212.97 (£136 off)
- Amazon, M1 Pro 14in MacBook Pro, 14-core GPU: £1,735 (£166 off)
- AO.com, M1 Pro 14in MacBook Pro, 14-core GPU: £1,733 (£166 off)
- John Lewis, M1 Pro 16in MacBook Pro, 16-core GPU: £2,129 (£270 off)
- Laptops Direct, M1 Max 16in MacBook Pro: £2,969.97 (£329 off)
- Amazon, M2 MacBook Air 256GB: £1,119 (£130 off)
- Laptops Direct, M2 MacBook Air 512GB: £1,387.97 (£161 off)
- Very: M1 MacBook Air 256GB £879 (£120 off)
- We often find the best savings are for older models.
- Be sure to confirm what the generation is of the discounted model so that you know exactly what you are buying and what it’s really worth.
- Sometimes resellers switch to selling refurbished or used products once their stock of brand new models run out. Make sure you check that the model discounted isn’t actually a used Mac and therefore not as good a deal as it might look. On Amazon, for example, look for Buy New prices.
- Mac deals are not limited to Black Friday. There are good deals to be had all year round, so don’t feel pressured into buying during Black Friday.
- For our readers outside the U.S. though this could be the best time to buy a new Mac: Apple looks set to increase Mac prices some point, as it did to iPad prices following the launch in October. Read more about that here: Is Apple ripping off the rest of the world with inflated prices?
Best Black Friday iMac deals
Apple 24-inch iMac has an M1 chip and comes in a selection of different colors. The 27-inch model was discontinued some time ago, and while you may find a deal on one we wouldn’t recommend buying it. A Mac Studio or MacBook Pro would be a better choice.
- Amazon: 24-inch M1 iMac (8‑core CPU, 7‑core GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB) in Blue, Pink, or Silver: $1,249.99 ($49.01 off)
- Amazon: 24-inch M1 iMac (8‑core CPU, 8‑core GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB): $1,449.99 ($49.01 off)
24-inch iMac, from $1,299/£1,249
For deals on all 24-inch iMacs see our Best iMac deals round up.
Best Black Friday Mac mini deals
There are three Mac mini models on sale at Apple, two with M1 processors and one with an Intel chip – we don’t recommend the latter.
- Amazon, M1, 256GB: £622 (£77 off)
- AO, M1, 256GB: £622 (£77 off)
- Laptops Direct, M1, 256GB: £622.97 (£76 off)
- Amazon, M1, 512GB: £814 (£85 off)
- AO.com, M1, 512GB: £814 (£85 off)
Mac mini, from $699/£699
For deals on all Mac mini Apple sells see our Best Mac mini deals round up.
Mac Studio, from $1,999/£1,999
- We have not found any special deals on the Mac Studio in the U.S. Keep an eye on this space as Black Friday approaches.